Electronics Developer for Connected Things
Work with us, connecting things for a smarter future
At Vinnter AB we are always on the lookout for skilled people to join the rest of us. We do hands-on business development, architecture and development in the arena of connected things. This means that we are all over the place with electronics, software, cloud and embedded development efforts for our client’s sake.
We try to make our customer’s products smarter. We focus our energy on finding solutions and greatly value entrepreneurial spirit within our employees.
We are at the moment very busy and therefore looking for more people to employ. Today we are 20 full time employees and we aim to become 25 employees during. At the moment we are scouting for an experienced and competent electronics developer and designer. The person we look for should be highly skilled in making CAD layouts for electronics, getting LED’s to blink and to get sensors to collect data over wireless and wired connections. Together with the rest of the skilled developers at Vinnter you will connect these things to the cloud to collect interesting data for further data analysis, with the intent to create new insights at our customer’s site.
Often, we find ourselves working in early phases of a project during a few sprints, building a proof of concept or a prototype, that hopefully leads further on to a production assignment. We know how important it is to work with prototyping when it comes to innovation. Through the insights given by our prototypes, we hope to achieve a long-term relationship with our clients and a product or service on the market. This role is a little bit different due to this person needing to be skilled in the actual industrialisation as well as being a skilled developer and designer of electronics.
Primarily we sell teams to work on projects in-house or at the customer premises. We have left the old business model of “resource consulting” behind us. We want to have a heart in what we do for our clients. The productivity is greatly increased when a competent and experienced team is set up to solve a problem. For our clients this will lead to better products more quickly.
Through our entrepreneurial mindset we contribute to our customer’s business success, without being management consultants. We are technology agnostic and instead work with the technologies best suited to solve our customer’s problems. But there are some things we like more and we try to be better at than others.
When developing connected things, we try to excel in:
- Cloud technology and tools
- Software development skills of various kinds
- Wireless technologies and available mobile services and networks
- Leading agile teams and maximising customer value
- Open source as well as available commercial tools to deliver value quickly
- Software architecture and system integration capabilities
Requirements for this position
PERSONALITY AND MINDSET
- Customer first, mobile after that.
- Problems are to be solved, not complained about.
- I am not stronger than the team.
- Work should be play, so I contribute to that.
- I live in a sharing economy, so my knowledge is your knowledge.
- I am different, and so are others. Differences makes us better.
- I can and I will.
- I take responsibility and drive things through to the end.
- I am curious and want to understand things fully.
- I am a team player, either as a leader or a participant.
- Communicative through various digital tools, in person and remote.
- Project Management within the electronics area
- Requirement Management
- CAD design using Althium or similar
- Electronics development to create prototypes and PoC’s in our own lab
- Industrialisation of electronics development for automotive or other business area
- EMC and CE certification
- Knowledge on different sensors, actuators, radio modules, MPU, CPU, MCU etc
- Wireless communication (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, mesh, SMS/3G/4G/LTE, LoRa, SigBee)
- Embedded software development (e.g C/C++, Python, Java, Kotlin or other relevant programming language)
- Agile methodologies, primarily Scrum and SaFE.
- Participated in or lead several (> 3) electronics development projects
- At least 3 years working experience within the electronics development area
- At least 3 years of experience within software development of any related kind
- Working in an agile environment for at least 1 year
- Embedded OS environments (e.g. Linux Embedded, MBedOS, FreeRTOS)
- Preferably a Master of Science degree (Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics)
- or, Bachelor’s degree in any of the above
- or, relevant polytechnic school with proven track record
- or, excellent proven track record with relevant references to support this
What we offer
- Freedom (we use the best tools for any given client & solution, based on your suggestions)
- Responsibility (with a lot of freedom comes the need for responsible persons). We need your help to let us build this competence within our lovely company!
- Opportunity to innovate, and we mean it!
Working at Vinnter
We encourage all types of people to apply and we especially like to mix our work day with all available genders, nationalities and specialities.
At Vinnter we practice respect for each other as colleagues, friends and deeply skilled professionals. We want to onboard more people that are curious on new things and want to develop our customers both in business and technology. We believe in commitment and are therefore offering our employees the opportunities of becoming shareholders in our future.
We are no suit-and-tie-management-consultancy. Instead we require our employees to be hands-on, to have a strong sense of personal responsibility and an ability to stay customer focused. We believe this to be the best management consultant ever.
Dare to change your future.
Send us your CV and personal letter via our form for spontaneous applications.
If you want to know more about us and the opportunities we can offer, please feel free to contact Michael Wallenius through LinkedIn, or send an email with your details to email@example.com.
If you have additional questions and would like to speak to a human, please call Michael Wallenius on his mobile, +46 703 200 200.